Formic Pro - 2 Dose Pack
SKU / FORMP2
Formic Pro (previously known as MAQS+) is a formic acid polysaccharide gel strip wrapped in a vapour releasing wick, developed for the treatment and control of Varroa mites in honeybees (Apis mellifera). Formic Pro is organically certified by BioGro NZ and is available in an easy to use, single application, 7 day treatment. Formic Pro has an average researched efficacy of 83-97% and causes mortality to a significant number of mites under the brood cap as well as adult mites on the bees.
Formic Pro (previously MAQS+) is a formic acid gel strip wrapped in a vapour releasing wick, developed for Varroa treatment and control. Strips are placed in the brood rearing zone of a hive and causes mortality / infertility of the varroa mite both on bees and under the brood cap.
The backbone of this easy-to-use strip is a film made of BASF’s biodegradable plastic ecoflex®, a key component of the wick which surrounds the formic acid and saccharide (plant sugar) formulation. The ecoflex® and the bees control the release of the formic vapours into the hive, causing mortality to all life stages of both the female and the male varroa mite. During treatment ambient temperatures should range from 10 - 29.5c. The gel strips do not need to be removed from the hive after the treatment period, any remaining debris can be simply scraped from the top bars.
- Fast, single application, 7 day treatment
- Can be used during the honey flow*
- Ready to use
- Extended 24 month shelf life
- Organically certified by Biogro
- Used strips can remain in the hive until removed by the beekeeper
- Does not require temperature controlled storage
* New Zealand regulations relating to Formic Pro state that honey must be harvested at least 2 weeks after the end of the 1 week treatment.