Apitraz Easy Varroa Strip - 10 Pack
SKU / APITZPKT
Apitraz is a highly effective, easy to use varroa treatment that kills up to 98%* of mites. When seasonally rotated with Bayvarol, Apitraz offers a fast and efficient way of controlling Varroa mites in your hives throughout the year. A favourite among 1000's of beekeepers including hundreds of commercial operations and used in over 40% of New Zealand's hives.
Pack Size: 10 individual strips per packet - treats 5 brood boxes
Carton Size: 420 strips (42 packets of 10) - treats 210 brood boxes
Apitraz® is an Amitraz based product for the treatment of Varroa Destructor in Apis Melifera. Treatment with Apitraz requires you to use two easy-to-use strips per brood box this will provide the correct dose to control Varroa and prevent resistence from occuring.
A recent study undertaken by Plant and Food Research (commissioned by Ecrotek) reinforces the fact that Apitraz® strips remain highly effective throughout the entire 10 week treatment period. Read the study here - Apitraz® Varroa Mite Kill Efficacy Throughout Treatment
- Quick to install - fast and easy self-hanging mechanism, simply fold the two tabs and insert.
- 10 individual strips per pack. No tearing required. Save time and hassle.
- 10 week treatment period, which can play a key role in reducing reinfestation
- Kills up to 98%* of mites in a single treatment
- Designed for fast and efficient in-hive application
- No residue build-up in wax
- Ideal for seasonal rotation with Bayvarol
- Each strip contains 500mg of Amitraz – a substance highly toxic to Varroa but safe for bees and queens
- Slow release polymers ensure effective distribution of the active ingredient throughout the hive
- 2 week withholding period - this means you need to wait 2 weeks after the treatment has been removed before putting on your Honey Boxes
- Developed and manufactured by Calier Laboratories in Europe
* When the amount of brood is low and there are only 1-2 brood frames. 1. Sánchez Escudero, M.D., Fernández Tejedor, T., Calatayud Tortosa, F., Zabalgogeazcoa, I.,Sánchez Martín, M. J. (2016). Fight against Varroosis in beehives. 2. Babiano Serrano, J.A. (2015). The Apitraz Efficacy Test Report (Badajoz). 3. Casas Ramos, B. The Study of Apitraz to Control Varroa. Apicultura ibérica. 2013;4:24-29.
What our Customers are Saying
“I have had good experience with Apitraz this last spring 2018. We have used it in a couple sites where we had 24 hives each. An alcohol wash test was carried out to find mite infestation levels. One site was very high, with mite levels ranging from 8 to 49. After the tests we installed Apitraz strips. After 10 weeks of treatment we retested the hives. In the first site we observed 23 of the hives had no mite drop and 1 hive had a single mite drop, our second site was completely clean with no mite drop recorded.
Another good benefit of Apitraz is that the bees don’t build wax around the strips, this makes them much easier to remove once treatment is complete. They are also very soft to handle, and come as single strips so you do not need to tear them apart like you do with Apivar.
Happy with the results and I will use them in Autumn now in to all our hives.”
Large Commercial Beekeeper