Keeping ahead of all the ins and outs of beekeeping
Learning Centre Introduction
If you ask a group of beekeepers a question, you are likely to get many different answers. We aim to provide you with the building blocks you will need for your beekeeping experience. If you have ever wondered how to start beekeeping, or what beekeeping involves, our learning centre is designed to help you understand the practicalities of becoming a beekeeper, and help you out along the way.
From our new Learning Centre you can find your nearest bee club, check out where you can get a beekeeping qualification, read articles, view videos, see what’s happening in the industry and more!
What to do this month
What to do in April
As Autumn begins to settle in, those busy bees are starting to slow down ever so slightly, as they prepare for the winter chill! To help keep you on top of the changes happening within your hive, make sure you are doing the below throughout the month of March.
- Remove any varroa treatment applied in February.
- Apply varroa treatments if not applied previously.
- Prepare hives for wintering down.
- Check for American Foulbrood.
- Check food levels, and organise feeding supplements if needed.
- Clean up boxes, and other hiveware ready to store through winter.
Beekeeping in New Zealand, for hobbyists and light commercials.
You can discover here a large selection of Beekeeping videos created by Trev, talking about the following topics:
- Interviews and instructional tips
- Product reviews
- Everything about equipment, extraction, queen rearing etc.
All these videos are proudly sponsored by Ecrotek.